July-September 2017 Workshop
"Creating Literacy Games with React Native"
"Creating Literacy Games with React Native" is a free 10-week virtual workshop run by MIT researchers at Curious Learning, an MIT affiliated nonprofit that creates software to ensure everyone in the world can learn to read.
What Is It?
- A workshop with MIT researchers and experts in React Native, game design, and the science of literacy to create an open source game.
- You explore code of sample games and learn from curated React Native, design techniques, and literacy science resources.
- You create an open source game for Curious Learning to distribute to 100,000s of children around the world.
Why Do It?
- Completed an open source React Native application for your portfolio.
- Increased resume credibility and gained professional references and company referrals from Curious Learning and MIT teams.
- Learned from experts in game design, React Native, and the science of early learning and literacy.
What Is Required?
- Time: Ability to spent 10+ hours per week / 100+ hours total on course project including Google Hangout participation every 2 weeks. Optional 1-on-1 virtual “office hours” with workshop leaders.
- Deliverable: Open source submission of React Native game.
Who is Leading?